School Opening Poses Challenges for Transportation Department
As we enter our third week of school for the traditional calendar, I am very impressed with our transportation team. Even with a driver shortage, everyone has pulled together to make sure routes are covered and students are getting to and from school safely.
Every school year, we face the same challenges:
- Needing additional bus drivers
- Adjusting assigned student loads to the buses
- Adjusting route directons to get buses to school on time
- Investigating bus stops for safety
- Responding to parent or school concerns
- Keeping all buses current on their preventative maintenance schedules
Transportation Department Urges Parents to Review Important Bus Safety Information
As school is in full-swing, we want to take this time to encourage parents to discuss safety information with their children. Remind your children of the following safety tips to be safe at the STOP:
S tand at your assigned stop (10 minutes early)
T urn left and right. Look both ways before crossing.
O nly cross when all cars have stopped.
P lease wait until and stop arm is out red lights are flashing.