North Carolina School Bus Driver Appreciation Week February 9-13, 2015
Join us as we salute our bus drivers, safety assistants, mechanics, specialists, managers, assistants & office personnel for their hard work and outstanding service to the children of Union County Public Schools.(Click for more...)
This is Our Reason
This is our reason for Transporting Our Future!
The precious cargo we move exceeds 24,000 each day as we use 315 yellow buses traveling some 30,000 miles each day. Our goal is to provide safe, orderly and efficient transportation.
School Opening Poses Challenges for Transportation Department
I am very impressed with our professional transportation team. Even with a driver shortage, everyone has pulled together to make sure routes are covered and students are getting to and from school safely.
Every school year, we face the same challenges:
- Needing additional bus drivers
- Adjusting assigned student loads to the buses
- Adjusting route directons to get buses to school on time
- Investigating bus stops for safety
- Responding to parent or school concerns
- Keeping all buses current on their preventative maintenance schedules