Frequently Asked Questions about the "Grandfathering" Options within the recently adopted redistricting plan are available here.(Click for more...)
School Opening Poses Challenges for Transportation Department
As we enter our third week of school for the traditional calendar, I am very impressed with our transportation team. Even with a driver shortage, everyone has pulled together to make sure routes are covered and students are getting to and from school safely.
Every school year, we face the same challenges:
- Needing additional bus drivers
- Adjusting assigned student loads to the buses
- Adjusting route directons to get buses to school on time
- Investigating bus stops for safety
- Responding to parent or school concerns
- Keeping all buses current on their preventative maintenance schedules
Transportation Department Urges Parents to Review Important Bus Safety Information
As school is in full-swing, we want to take this time to encourage parents to discuss safety information with their children. Remind your children of the following safety tips to be safe at the STOP:
S tand at your assigned stop (10 minutes early)
T urn left and right. Look both ways before crossing.
O nly cross when all cars have stopped.
P lease wait until and stop arm is out red lights are flashing.